Are you concerned about how to organise your storage container?
There is no right or wrong way to organise your storage container, it is entirely down to you. Different methods work for different people, so it’s normally a case of finding out what works best for you.
As a starting point, here are a few tips that some of our customers use;
- Think about what you are storing items in; boxes should stack and take up less room than plastic bags, for example. They will also be tidier than bags which can be messy.
- Label all boxes clearly on a side that will be visible and stack with the labels pointing out.
- Install shelving to keep the unit in order. This will help to keep it tidy. Stack larger, heavier items on the bottom and lighter ones higher up.
- Keep a list of the items you have put into storage – you may want to consider mapping it out, identifying where you put certain items.
- Put items that you are more likely to need, closer to the front, so that it’s easier to reach them.
- Leave a walkway so you can reach everything more easily
- You could consider using shelving or racking to make the most of the space inside your unit
We do sell boxes and packing materials at each of our Space Programs, should you need them. We’re always happy to offer help and advice.